Are you excited, ready to forge ahead with an exciting new kitchen remodel? Without a solid understanding of product options, pricing, and kitchen design trends, sometimes it can be difficult to know where to begin and how to get the job done right the first time.
Element Cabinet Design has put together this building for your kitchen remodel called the 5-Step Kitchen Remodeling Guide. It’s a helpful simple list and a refresher course for those who are re-designing their kitchens or contejtplating taking on a kitchen remodel project.
1. Make a List
Getting the goal of your kitchen remodel on paper is important. The first thing we suggest is that you make a list of everything you believe you need or want in your new kitchen. Next review your list and number them by priority. Do the same thing for the Wants.
By going through this process on your own, you have a good starting point to bring with you as you begin to discuss your project with an interior designer at our new home design center. Our professional and courteous staff will help align your list with your budget, which brings us to the next point on our list.
2. Understand Your Budget
When we say know your budget, we mean its good to understand it so that you can stick to it. Its standard practice to allow 10-15% extra for your contingence expenses or the unknown. Its very difficult to foresee any “issues” may turn up in the middle of your remodel.
3. Have a Good Understanding of Your Style?
The best kitchen designs fall into one of three categories: Modern, Traditional, or Transitional. Which style do you and your family prefer?
- Modern: Clean lines, angles and edges, and an overall cool aesthetic. Think stainless steel, streamlined cabinets, and minimal countertop accoutrements.
- Traditional: You like a cozy kitchen that reminds everyone of “home”. It’s hard for you to purchase anything that isn’t natural wood, and you appreciate curves as much – or more than – angles.
- Transitional: You like a little of both. Your gourmet kitchen has top-of-the line stainless steel appliances and a natural stone countertop, but it also provides an warm, inviting ambiance.
4. Select Your New Kitchen Cabinets
Having selected a style – we can now assist in selecting a kitchen cabinet that will be align with your tastes, in terms of door style, finish and/or color and other key features.
Custom Cabinetry: If you are completely starting over in your kitchen from the sticks and bricks as we call it, ask us about our custom cabinetry options and designs. We will schedule a no cost no obligation appointment for you at our new home remodeling studio in Las Vegas.
5. Choose Your Countertops
Kitchen countertop selection is critical to your new kitchen remodeling project. We have compiled a few suggestions based on general preferences we find with our current clients.
- Eco-friendly: Quartz and Corian countertops use post-consumer recycled products, low-toxicity synthetic materials, and are ultra-durable. They’re also low-maintenance.
- Luxury: In addition to Quartz and Corian, Granite countertops are still considered a top-shelf countertop finish with countless colors and patterns to choose from. Make sure to seal granite surfaces annually to preserve their natural beauty.
- Budget: Laminate surfaces have come a long way in the past 15 years. Ask to see samples which closely mimic natural stone and Corian counters.
Sit Back & Relax
If you have properly identified the above 5 list items your decisions regarding flooring, backsplashes, and other design options will fall easily into placebo much easier to make. Get in touch today to schedule your no obligation kitchen remodeling design appointment in Las Vegas