- By Element Cabinet Design
- In Kitchen Remodeler, Kitchen Remodeling, Kitchen Renovation
- Tags Kitchen Remodel Company, Kitchen Remodel Ideas, Kitchen Remodeling Designs
The moment you walk in the door of our newly designed home design showroom you will know this is a place staffed with experienced home design and renovation experts here specifically to help you with every detail to best suit your needs and style. Element Cabinet Designs is proud to offer one of the most complete showrooms in the Las Vegas area, including a display of full granite slabs, flooring, cabinetry, countertops and even custom appliances like Bosch. Element Cabinet Design also offers free in-home initial consultations in you prefer to meet on-site at your home or project.
The staff at Element Cabinet Design will work closely with you throughout the entire process. Our professional and courteous staff will work hard to to make the process as easy and seamless as possible. All of our estimating and design employees are very knowledgable in the trades necessary to perform a remodel such as, carpentry, plumbing, electric and masonry services just to name a few. If we don’t perform the job in-house, we oversee and only the most reliable local contractors you’d expect from a company that is state licensed, bonded, fully insured.
Custom Countertops for your Las Vegas Kitchen
One of the most popular design trends in custom kitchen renovations today is to take out the old kitchen countertops and then design the new look with a countertop material such as granite or other natural stone. Since countertops are not only found in the kitchen, this concept is not limited to just your kitchen. You can use granite for bathroom vanities, fireplace hearths, window sills, table tops, and other finished surfaces throughout your home or remodeling project.
Most of our customers in Las Vegas find granite desirable for countertops and other applications mainly because granite provides stunning natural beauty that can completely transform the look of a room, and the availability of a wide range of colors and natural patterns or grains to suite any of your design needs. However, granite can be attractive to you for other reasons as well. For example granite is one of nature’s hardest materials which makes it a fantastic selection for long-lasting, scratch resistant and burn resistant surfaces in the kitchen. Over the recent years, kitchens have become increasingly the main gathering room in the house. When planning your kitchen remodel its important to make the space attractive and inviting, and granite can play a big role in that feeling and look in your new kitchen.
While your search for granite countertops, it is important to consider several things:
- Granite or marble countertop – with so many different colors and patterns of granite or marble, and no two slabs or pieces are exactly identical. Its really important to go to the granite yard to pick out the very slab that your countertop will be fabricated from.
- Granite slab thickness – its good to understand most standard granite countertops in the US measure 3 centimeters or 3CM as referred to in the industry (approx. 1-1/4 inches). However, there are also 2 centimeter (approx. ¾ inches) versions available. 2CM material is a viable product, but may require a extra underlayment support where as 3CM typically can support itself with standard underlayment.
- Kitchen back splash – A back splash in your kitchen will help to protect the wall surface behind the countertop, and to provide an attractive look. Many popular designs today utilize 3 or 4 inch granite pieces and then allow the drywall or wall surface to finish the surface on the wall. However, some of our customers choose full tile back splash, which covers the entire wall area from the countertop to the bottom of the wall cabinets or a termination point typically more than the 4 inches described above. When it comes to designing your backsplash, the ideas are endless. From inlays, diagnal tile to decorative murals, literally the back splash design ideas are endless.
Today its pretty commonly known granite is the most popular choice for countertops, however, there are other options available. Quartz for one, is known as alternative yet attractive choice. Quartz is actually an engineered surface. Marble is a beautiful classic material and is widely available, but has the disadvantage of being softer and porous, so scratching and staining are issues. There are other options beyond this and we suggestion you make time to come into our newly designed state of the art Las Vegas home remodeling design center to learn more and get one on one attention for your kitchen remodeling project.
Call us today to schedule a no obligation design consultation! 702 329-5030